Friday, October 18, 2013

Room for one more troubled soul?




So yes, this will be a blogpost addressing one if my many insecurities and today's topic is social awkwardness.

Like many internet people, I had trouble expressing myself vocally and approaching people. I often cringe when I remember situations where I acted so awkwardly that I have to lightly slap myself in order to wake up from the trance. This is usually followed be me softly saying "no, stop, don't remember that". 

First off, I'd like to clarify that social awkwardness is usually caused by the tendency to think that people are judging you by the way you act, hence you try to be cool and calm but bam it backfires and you melt in your own candle wax pool of awkwardness. 

I like to think that the social awkwardness in me was caused by the times back in school where people would judge me based on how I acted and how I looked. It's caused me so many problems for the part few years but now I'm slowly overcoming it. 

The friends I have now remind me that not everyone judged and people can like you for who you really are. I am constantly baffled by how some people are so much kinder and understanding than those I once knew. 

For your information, I know that social awkwardness isn't something that is fatal like diseases, but like any other insecurity, if it isn't dealt with properly, it can eat up your whole life and change your perspective of the world. 

Imagine if I was so socially awkward that I couldn't leave the house or buy groceries. 

It might not be as overused as the word "depressed" is, but it's as serious. 

If you're reading this and you need someone to talk to about anything, you can find me on the social networks above. 

PS: more mental awakening blogposts like these to come 

No comments: