Sunday, October 6, 2013

Swimming, floating or drowning?


That was the question one of my lecturers asked when she wanted to know our progress in the class. I'd say right now, I'm floating, not in the context of my classes but in life.

Today was a nice day. Actually, it has been a pretty good week except for a few ups and downs. 
Penny's back, so that's always a plus. I've gotten a friendly reminder from myself that laziness is never the answer and that you'll regret more if you don't try at all. 

What a great mid-sem break. 

It's been pretty stress-free except for the constant spamming of emails from my mother regarding places that I should be interning at. 

Today I helped out at a temple event all the way in Titiwangsa. I had to get up at 5am and drive there, mind you. Just a friendly reminder that I'm not religious, but I do take part in religious activities and programs out of respect towards my grandmother, no matter how absurd they sometimes can be.

So I made the best of my day by doing silly things such as getting my face painted and have tons of people look at me: 

 

I also went to get my hand drawn in henna, which I really enjoyed. Some of it has come off already though. :(



 A 7 year old kid that I teach took this picture. I'd have to say that it looks beautiful. 

So, yes. 2 more weeks till I exams then hopefully it will really be stress-free. 

No comments: