Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Century Collision

Last weekend (I initially typed "two weeks ago" because it feels like such a long time ago wow), I had the amazing, albeit fairly last minute, opportunity to be a facilitator for UPM's AIESEC conference.

Prior to making the decision, I was admiring the facilitators at our own conference and thinking how nice it would be if I were to have that chance, but maybe after I brush up on my skills first. Who knew a week after I had that though, the opportunity presented itself. 

At that moment, when I was asked, so many emotions including fear and excitement ran through my brain. I had to make my decision in a few hours, and I'm glad of my choice. 

For that 4 days, being with new people from different backgrounds whom I've never even met before was indeed refreshing and energising. I felt something in me that I've never felt before; I realised that I'm more open with them, not afraid that they would judge me. Perhaps this was due to their personalities as well. 

I managed to speak on stage in front of well over 40 people, and I would consider it a great accomplishment of mine. I mingled and made friends with the new members and encouraged them and (hopefully) inspired them. 




However, I think the greatest takeaway from the whole weekend was meeting the awesome bunch of people whom I hold so near and dear to my heart, despite only knowing them for that short period of time. 

I'm also proud of myself, and I believe that I can do almost anything, after this accomplishment. 

I also stand by the quote that "thoughts become good things, so choose the good ones.", because I feel like everything is slowly falling into place, one by one. 

No comments: